IRS Tax Forms
IRS Success products are digital, downloadable Excel-based spreadsheets. They replicate and mirror line-by-line all items of Federal Tax Form and Schedules.
Customers purchase and download a digital file directly from IRS-Success.com that contains an Excel spreadsheet clone of Federal Tax Form 1040 and Schedules 1, 2 and 3.
All Excel-based products (i.e., spreadsheets) contains six tabs or sections; only purchased Schedules are active.
1) Schedule 1;
2) Schedule 2;
3) Schedule 3;
4) Form 1040;
5) Instructions on how to use the product
6) Contact Information, so customers can contact IRS Success with any questions. Note: only the tabs for the purchased Form or Schedule will be “unlocked” and available for use. When a tab is “locked” it means it is unusable and no information can be entered.
Line-items in our Excel-based Forms accurately mirror Federal Tax Forms. All Excel-based Forms and Schedules consists of four columns:
1) line numbers which mirror IRS forms;
2) descriptions of deductions and taxable income, which mirror IRS forms;
3) cells for entering dollar amounts;
4) notes and instructions, which among other things, identifies corresponding schedules and forms and sources of dollar amounts, where applicable.
Customers need only enter raw dollar amounts into line-item orange cells and the red tax cell (the dollar amount entered from the tax table). All calculations are preformulated: this means customers do not have to perform any calculations. Formulated cells are green and “locked.” Locked cells do not allow dollar amounts or other information to be entered. Additionally, Form 1040 automatically calculates the dollar amount of your refund (green cell) or the amount you owe (red cell).
Excel-based Federal Tax Form 1040 and Schedules 1, 2 and 3 are linked within one Excel spreadsheet. This means that dollar amounts entered into one Form or Schedule are pre-formulated, and will automatically populate dollar amounts in another Form or Schedule as needed.
Note: this applies to the purchase of a combination of forms and schedules only. For example, if you purchase Form 1040 in combination with Schedule 1, both will be linked. If you purchase Form 1040 alone, it will not be linked to a Schedule and vice versa.
Once customers have completed the Excel spreadsheet of the Federal Tax Forms and Schedules, the next step is to either:
1) print the spreadsheet and copy the information onto an IRS Form; or
2) copy the information directly from your computer onto the IRS Form.
Customers also have the option of mailing or otherwise submitting the spreadsheet to the IRS, but need to add or attach taxpayer information (e.g., name, address, dependents, SS#, etc.) and signature page.
IRS Success includes a detailed, user-friendly set of instructions for all our Excel-based products. Here’s what they include: a link to the IRS website, so customers can download the latest Federal Tax Forms; and step-by-step directions for using the Excel spreadsheet.
Note: IRS Success instructions are for the use of our products; they are not tax instructions. Please use the tax instructions provided by the IRS.